How to find the right guests for your podcast

Finding the right guest for your podcast is essential for keeping your existing community engaged. It can also be a great way to grow your audience with cross-promotion.

However, that doesn’t mean it’s always easy to find a compelling guest.

How do you find a guest in the first place and how do you entice them onto your show? Do you pay them, or can you offer something in return, like cross-promotion? What is the best way to record a guest if they’re in another location? We’ll answer all these questions, and more, during this webinar.

To help take out some of the stress of finding podcast guests and offer some expert guidance, Cole Raven, Co-Founder of Podchaser, will be joining the webinar as our own very special guest host. The webinar will be co-hosted by Sanket, Membership Consultant from the Independent Media Academy at Steady, who is ready to answer all your questions about this often tricky topic.

(Webinar recording will be uploaded here shortly after it concludes, for you to view again.)

Please feel free to ask any questions or comments in this thread that you may have from the webinar. Sanket & Katie will be here to offer any advice to help you on your membership journey for your podcast.
Don’t forget to enter the IMA for Podcasters here for your chance to win expert consulting and €2500!!

1 Like

Useful links and resources from the webinar

Understanding the purpose and mission of your podcast

Making the most of Steady - Podcasters

Membership Quiz

Krautreporter’s Engaged Journalism Playbook

Interview ‘it helps to keep talking about money’

Interview with The Pod on their success

Who would pay money for a free podcast?

Offer exclusive episode with the RSS feed

IMA for Podcasters

Podchaser Connect

Wow. This was a fantastic short course on attracting guests to podcasts. I’ve had great luck myself over the last five years, but Cole Raven really shares some amazing tips that had me saying, “Hmmm! Now that’s a good idea!” Especially, his tips on podcast guest management are fantastic. If you interview guests on your show, even if you’ve been at the game for a while, give this episode a listen.

4 Likes